- allow parent volunteers to return to the schools and heavily encourage parents to be active participants in their children's education
- facilitate greater PTA involvement in all schools - a PTA is a valuable resource with a vested interest in their individual school. Sadly, parental (and teacher!) involvement in some of our PTAs is extremely low. A PTA can serve as a bridge between teachers, administration, and students, as well as help with community involvement.
- development of a Parent Council - a group of parents representing all schools. This group would be tasked with bringing concerns and questions to the Board and would represent the interests of all students from across the county.
- ensure that the Board is responsive to parent calls and emails - I hear repeatedly from parents that they reach out and never get a response. This is not ok.
- facilitate an overhaul of the GCS website to make information easier to find for parents
- continue to support the GCS Parent Academy, which provides valuable resources for parents.
- Hannah, Sam, and Josh on our recent cruise to the Bahamas
- Hannah, Josh, Sam, Trixie, and Snoopy - Christmas 2020
- Hannah, Josh, me, and Sam - Blue Lagoon Island, Bahamas, January 2022